Buy Fresh Buy Local Healthcare & Institutional Partners
AMERICAN FAMILY CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL
BFBL Partner since 2013
The Farmers' Market Cafe is located on the main floor of the American Family Children's Hospital and features custom-made sandwich, salad, and beverage selections that are delicious and healthy. The American Family Children’s Hospital believes that all children deserve to eat healthy food, especially when ill or recovering from trauma. The cafe demonstrates AFCH's commitment to leading the way in modeling food choices for patients, families, and visitors by sourcing local and organic produce, meats, and dairy.
THE DOC ROCK CAFE AT AGRACE HOSPICECARE
BFBL Partner since 2009
Agrace HospiceCare supports a variety of local farmers and vendors year-round. Staffed largely by volunteers, Agrace's Doc Rock Cafe serves up an array of seasonal salads, healthy entrees, comfort foods, and baked goods. Purchases from the Doc Rock Cafe help fulfill Agrace's mission of enhancing quality of life at the end of life by supporting programs and services for the local community.
ST. MARY'S HOSPITAL
BFBL Partner since 2009
As a health care provider, St. Mary’s meal service brings optimal nutritional care and accurate information to customers and patients. Local foods help St. Mary’s ensure meals are at their highest quality and promote St. Mary’s mission to cultivate community wellness.
BFBL Partner since 2016
University Housing Dining and Culinary Services serves the residents of the University Residence Halls, as well as all UW-Madison students, faculty, staff, and the general public. Food is provided in a number of venuesacross campus, including dining markets, coffee shops, and convenience stores. Our menus include made-to-order items, many recipes made from scratch, and healthy options, giving you flexibility to eat what you want, when you want it. University Housing also operates a large catering service to serve campus customers.
BFBL Partner since 2015
The Buy Fresh Buy Local Pledge
All Buy Fresh Buy Local partners pledge that they:
- Support Wisconsin farmers and local food businesses
- Promote a more sustainable, regional food system
- Control purchasing decisions for goods, products or services from vendors of the their choosing
- Make independent decisions regarding the name and look of the business, including marketing, advertising, logo design, and branding decisions
- Independently decide business procedures, practices, and policies
- Operate in a way that protects the region’s natural resources
- Provide safe and fair working conditions for employees