Food for Thought Festival
Save the Date: Food for Thought 2014 will be Saturday, September 20!
The Food for Thought Festival is a fun, festive forum that explores and celebrates our many opportunities to eat more pleasurably, healthfully and sustainably. Taking place alongside the Dane County Farmers’ Market, this popular event offers opportunities for the whole family to taste, learn and connect with our local food system ... for free! The festival features booths from organizations, farms, and restaurants, as well as an appetizing local foods tent, cooking and tasting demos, kids activities, and Food Camp.
Photos from Food for Thought Festival 2013
2013 Festival Highlights
- Food Camp, offering skill-share demonstrations and workshops on a variety of topics including beekeeping, backyard chickens, homemade yogurt and kombucha, and more.
- Thought Tent, presented by the 2014 Wisconsin Local Foods Journal. The Thought Tent included panel discussions from Wisconsin dairy experts and local chefs on why they support sustainable food systems, the 2014 Chef Showdown (congrats Chef Jesse Matz from Bunky's Cafe!), and the 2014 raffle, packed with fantastic prizes.
- Local Food Tent, including freshly-prepared and locally-sourced breakfast and lunch dishes from Buy Fresh Buy Local partner chefs.
- Interactive exhibitor booths including displays by dozens of organizations, farms, restaurants, and other groups working to promote a sustainable, healthy local food system.
- Kids' Activity Booth with hands-on food experiences happening all day! Friendly backyard chickens, a make-your-own pesto station, face painting, and much more!