PIE PALOOZA 2016 - OCTOBER 30,2016
GOODMAN COMMUNITY CENTER
149 WAUBESA STREET, MADISON
Pie Palooza is a festive brunch celebrating local, Wisconsin-grown ingredients and all things pie. Attendees get their pick of two slices from a buffet of scrumptious sweet and savory pies, tarts, quiches, turnovers, and others, along with a farm-fresh salad and delicious beverages.
Tickets are $18 in advance and $20 at the door (while available), and are sold in four timed seatings. Purchase tickets today!
Want a free slice of pie? Get one free slice for every volunteer shift you work. Sign up today!
Pie Palooza FAQ
How do the timed seatings work?
We sell tickets for four timed seatings to assure shorter lines and plenty of seats. You may purchase a ticket for 9:30-10:30am, 10:30-11:30am, 11:30am-12:30pm, or 12:30-1:30pm. Walkups welcome if slots are not sold out.
How many pie selections will there be at each seating?
We will have a good selection (3-4 savory pies and 3-4 sweet pies) available at each of the seatings.
How much to tickets cost?
Advance tickets are $18 per person. Tickets may be purchased online. If time slots are not sold out, tickets will be available at the door on the day of the event for $20.
Are there tickets for kids?
We do not sell reduced price children's tickets. But since a meal consists of two slices of pie and a salad and drink, you can choose to share it with your children any way you like. We will sell "extra slice" tickets at the door for ticketholders who feel two slices aren't quite enough. (Extra slice tickets will be $5)
Are there vegetarian options?
There will be vegetarian pie options available throughout the day. We'll note when sweet pies are made with lard in the crusts. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee options for vegan, gluten-free, or other dietary restrictions.
Pie Pledges for 2016 are just starting to roll in - here is the list of restaurants so far:
- Batch Bakehouse
- Beans 'n Cream Coffeehouse
- Blackhawk Country Club
- The Field Table
- Honeybee Bakery
- Hubbard Avenue Diner & Bakery
- Madison Sourdough
- Market Street Diner/Carl's Cakes
- Monty's Blue Plate Diner
- Norske Nook (Deforest)
- Pickle Jar
- Rockhound Brewing Co.
- Salvatore's Tomato Pies
- Short Stack Eatery
- Water House Foods
- Willy Street Coop
Here are some of the mouth-watering pies offered at last year's Pie Palooza:
2015 SWEET PIES
- Dark Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie - Batch Bakehouse
- Bumbleberry Pie - Blackhawk Country Club
- Caramel Cashew Tart - The Choclaterian Cafe
- Pear Almond Tart - CIRC
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie - Gail Ambrosius
- Hickory Nut Pie - Graze
- Dutche Apple Quince Pie - Harvest Restaurant
- Sweet Potato Pecan - Hubbard Avenue Diner
- Cranberry Curd Tart - Madison Sourdough
- Pumpkin Pecan - Market Street Diner
- Caramel Apple Walnut - Monty's Blue Plate Diner
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie - Pickle Jar
- Apple Pie - Willy Street Co-op
- Door County Peach - Willy Street Co-op
2015 SAVORY PIES
- Autumn Harvest Pie - Dolci Italian-American Sweets, LLC
- Humble Pie - Fresco
- Tourtiere (French Canadian Pork Pie) - Gates & Brovi
- Sausage and Apple Rose Tart - Humble.
- Hidden Valley Mushroom and Roth Kase Moody Blue Tart with Micro Salad - Liliana's
- Sweet Potato, Red Peper and Stinky Goat Cheese - Merchant
- Smoke Squash Hand Pies - Mezze
- Asparagus & Swiss Quiche - Rosie's Coffee Bar and Bakery
- Pumpkin Quiche - Water House Foods
- Leek and Parmesan Quiche - Honeybee
- Chorizo and Black Bean Quiche - Beans 'n Cream
- Spaghetti Pie - RP's Pasta
- Roasted Garlic and Brussel Sprout - Short Stack Eatery
*Pies will rotate throughout the event so specific pies may not be available during your timed seating.
PIE PALOOZA SPONSORS:
Sponsorship information is available here.
Photos from Pie Palooza 2015
Thank you to everyone who made Pie Palooza 2015 a success!