SAVE THE DATE: PIE PALOOZA 2017 - SUNDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2017
GOODMAN COMMUNITY CENTER
149 WAUBESA STREET, MADISON
Pie Palooza is a festive brunch celebrating local, Wisconsin-grown ingredients and all things pie. Attendees get their pick of two slices from a buffet of scrumptious sweet and savory pies, tarts, quiches, turnovers, and others, along with a farm-fresh salad and delicious beverages.
Pie Palooza FAQ
How do the timed seatings work?
We sell tickets for four timed seatings to assure shorter lines and plenty of seats. You may purchase a ticket for 9:30-10:30am, 10:30-11:30am, 11:30am-12:30pm, or 12:30-1:30pm. Walkups welcome if slots are not sold out.
How many pie selections will there be at each seating?
We will have a good selection (3-4 savory pies and 3-4 sweet pies) available at each of the seatings.
How much to tickets cost?
Advance tickets are $18 per person. Tickets may be purchased online. If time slots are not sold out, tickets will be available at the door on the day of the event for $20.
Are there tickets for kids?
We do not sell reduced price children's tickets. But since a meal consists of two slices of pie and a salad and drink, you can choose to share it with your children any way you like. We will sell "extra slice" tickets at the door for ticketholders who feel two slices aren't quite enough. (Extra slice tickets will be $5)
Are there vegetarian options?
There will be vegetarian pie options available throughout the day. We'll note when sweet pies are made with lard in the crusts. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee options for vegan, gluten-free, or other dietary restrictions.
The 2016 pie flavors sound fabulous and are made using local ingredients from eggs and milk to flour and fruit.
2016 SWEET PIES
- Dark Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie - Batch Bakehouse
- Pumpkin Pie - Batch Bakehouse
- Sweet Apple Pie with a Kick - Blackhawk Country Club
- Peach or Strawberry Empanada - Cafe Costa Rica
- Spiced Apple Mascarpone Tart - CIRC
- Quince and Pear Pie with Buckwheat Mead Reduction - Field Table
- Pear Cranberry Almond Pie - Gates & Brovi
- Medium Sweet Potato Pecan Pie - Hubbard Avenue Diner
- Plum Tarts - Madison Sourdough
- Pumpkin Pecan Pie - Market Street Diner/Carl's Cakes
- Caramel Apple Walnut Pie - Monty's Blue Plate Diner
- Harvest Apple Pie - Norske Nook
- Vegan Raspberry Peach Pie - Pickle Jar
- Black Bottom Oatmeal Pie - Rockhound Brewing Company
- Butterscotch Bourbon Pie - Salvatore's Tomato Pies
- Local Apple Pie - Willy Street Co-op
- Local Pumpkin Pie - Willy Street Co-op
2016 SAVORY PIES
- Breakfast Slab Pie - Beans n Cream Coffeehouse
- Chicken Pastilla - Bunky's Cafe
- Gluten-free Corn & Pepper Jack Quiche w/ Sweet Potato Leek Crust - Deb's Lunch
- Mushroom Shepherd's Pie - Goodman Community Center Preservation Kitchen
- Chicken Pot Pie - Harvest
- Leek and Parmesan Quiche - Honey Bee Bakery
- Pumpkin Sage Sausage Ricotta Petite Pie - humble.
- Spinach and Goat Cheese Phyllo Pie - Layla's
- Spinach, Feta, shaved Fennel, and Walnut Quiche Torte - Liliana's
- Collard Green Pie - Merchant
- Butternut Squash Fatayer (Lebanese Hand Pie) - Mezze
- Shiitake, Gruyere and Aged Swiss Quiche - Short Stack Eatery
- Cheesy Mushroom Quiche - Water House Foods
- Pumpkin Pecan Quiche - Water House Foods
*Pies will rotate throughout the event so specific pies may not be available during your timed seating.
PIE PALOOZA SPONSORS:
Sponsorship information is available here.
Photos from Pie Palooza 2016
Thank you to everyone who made Pie Palooza 2016 a success!