Food for Thought Festival
The annual Food for Thought Festival is a fun, festive forum that explores and celebrates our many opportunities to eat more pleasurably, healthfully and sustainably.
Taking place alongside the Dane County Farmers’ Market, this popular event offers opportunities for the whole family to taste, learn and connect with our local food system ... for free! The festival will feature booths from organizations, farms and restaurants as well as an appetizing local foods tent, cooking and tasting demos, kids activities, and Food Camp.
2013 Festival Highlights included:
- Food Camp, back by popular demand! Food Camp offered skill-share demonstrations and workshops on a variety of topics including beekeeping, backyard chickens, homemade yogurt and kombucha, and more.
- Thought Tent, presented by the 2014 Wisconsin Local Foods Journal. The Thought Tent included panel discussions from Wisconsin dairy experts and local chefs on why they support sustainable food systems, the 2014 Chef Showdown (congrats Chef Jesse Matz from Bunky's Cafe!), and the 2014 raffle, packed with fantastic prizes.
- Local Food Tent, including freshly-prepared and locally-sourced breakfast and lunch dishes from Buy Fresh Buy Local partner chefs.
- Interactive exhibitor booths including displays by dozens of organizations, farms, restaurants, and other groups working to promote a sustainable, healthy local food system.
- Kids' Activity Booth with hands-on food experiences happening all day! Friendly backyard chickens, a make-your-own pesto station, face painting, and much more!
In-Kind & Media Sponsors
THOUGHT Tent Presented By